2625 Inspection & Testing Course
The Builder Training Centre (The BTC) offers a high quality structured Combined theory 2625 Course. This can be attended as a 5 day (Monday to Friday) weekday course, or over 2 weekends (one being an extended weekend).
Our instructors are qualified, highly experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Tradespersons, so students can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
EAL’s Combined 2625 Course at The Builder Training Centre is designed for anyone who is required to conduct both Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing of electrical Installations. You will need to have previous experience and fundamental knowledge of inspecting and testing of both single and ideally 3 phase electrical installations. You will need to have obtained previous electrical qualifications, able to work with minimal supervision, work safely, able to identify faults and ensure all your work meets the required standards. This course will enable you to update your knowledge of techniques and legislation and gain the relevant qualification to reflect your abilities.
The EAL 2625 qualification is the equivalent of the City & Guilds 2391-52 qualification.
Tasks will include:
- Understanding the difference between Initial and Periodic Inspections and tests
- Completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Initial verification of electrical installations
- Inspecting and testing existing installations
- Completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Completing the periodic inspection of existing installations
- Safe testing and commissioning of new electrical installations
- Safe testing of existing electrical installations already in service
- Testing before circuits are energised
- Testing of existing circuits to ensure continued safety
- Understanding test results and comparing with expected outcomes
- Completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Completion of the Electrical Installation Condition Report and associated documentation
- Confirm safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Sample papers will be undertaken throughout the course
In order to claim the full 2625 qualification, students must successfully complete each of the following units:
- On-line (open book) exam: 60 questions (multiple choice) – 120 minutes. Results same day.
- 2 Practical assessments – total of 3½ hours, including completion of associated documentation
Please click the button below to proceed with our online Application Form. You will be given details on the Application Form about how to make the minimum deposit payment of £400.00, or the full amount of £950.00, to secure a place on your chosen date.
Alternatively, give us a call on 020 8649 9340 to get booked in over the phone.
IET On-Site Guide (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022), 8th Edition
IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition BS 7671:2018+A2:2022
IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 9th Edition
(Available for purchase at The BTC – Subject to availability)
Steel toe-capped safety footwear is a health and safety requirement for all our courses. We stock steel-toe capped boots from size 3 to 13 (with some half sizes), which can be purchased on the first morning of your course for just £20.00. You should wear suitable comfortable clothing.
You are welcome to bring your own food to eat in our centre. Alternatively, we sell a small selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in our canteen, or you could purchase food from one of the local supermarkets/shops/cafes/restaurants within just a few minutes’ walk.
Most students also find it beneficial to bring Post-it notes or sticky tags, which they can use to separate their books into sections. Additionally, a pen and a non-programmable calculator are permitted for the exam.
You need to meet two requirements: be at least 18 years old and stay updated with industry standards. This program is specifically designed for electricians already engaged in the field who have successfully completed relevant formal training and possess experience in inspection and testing. Additionally, candidates should have knowledge and practical experience in three-phase testing.
We offer a two-day Advanced Inspection & Testing course for individuals with no three-phase experience.
It is highly recommended that candidates hold at least one of the following qualifications before enrolling:
2392 Inspection & Testing
2365 Level 2 & 3
The content and total hours of the course are the same. Additionally, it is usually the same tutor who conducts the course. However, please note that the weekend courses start at 8.30 am instead of 9 am to maintain consistency with our other weekend courses.
If you meet the pass criteria of the assessments, you will be awarded the following qualification certificate:
EAL Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Inspection, Testing, Certification and Reporting (2625)
As we are located within Waddon Train Station Buildings, we do not have any parking on-site. That said, there are plenty of residential roads in the surrounding area that have free unrestricted parking, within just a few minutes’ walk. If attending on Sunday, you can park in the marked red boxes in Epsom Road where our Centre at Waddon Station is situated and in Stafford Road where our Electrical Centre is situated (a minute’s walk away) all day free of charge.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further information or instructions.
Our training facility is located at the following address:
Waddon Station Buildings, 160 Epsom Road, Croydon, CR0 4UP