Level 2 Diploma 2365-02
(*Plus 20-25 hours Home Study before attending)
The City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations Electrical Training Course at The Builder Training Centre is suited to those who are looking to embark on becoming a fully qualified electrician. The qualification will allow students to progress into employment and/or progress their career in the electrotechnology sector. The majority will further progress onto the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365-03 and/or City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations 2391-52 (or EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations equivalent).
Before commencing the in-person training for this qualification, approximately 20-25 hours of home study must be completed. Upon booking, access to the home study material (SmartScreen) will be granted, and you will receive a booklet filled with worksheets to assess your progress as you go.
The remainder of the course content and assessments is covered over 17 days of in-person training at our centre in Waddon (Greater London).
- Understand how relevant legislation applies in the workplace
- Understand the procedures for dealing with environmental and health and safety situations in the work environment
- Understand the procedures for establishing a safe working environment
- Understand the requirements for identifying and dealing with hazards in the work environment
25-question / 40-minute online multiple-choice test – closed book (2365-601
Practical Assignment (2365-211):
Workplace hazards (1½ hours), manual handling (30 mins), safe use of ladders (45 mins), safe use of mobile scaffold towers (1½ hours), safe isolation (2 hours) and safe use of power tools (45 mins).
- Understand mathematical principles which are appropriate to electrical installation, maintenance and design work
- Understand standard units of measurement used in electrical installation, maintenance and design work
- Understand basic mechanics and the relationship between force, work, energy and power
- Understand the relationship between resistance, resistivity, voltage current and power
- Understand the fundamental principles which underpin the relationship between magnetism and electricity
- Understand the types, applications and limitations of electronic components in electrotechnical systems and equipment
- 40-question / 90-minute online multiple-choice test (2365-602) – closed book
- Know the implications of electrical industry regulations
- Know how to obtain technical information
- Know the wiring systems of electrical installations
- Know how electricity is supplied
- Know the requirements for different types of micro-renewable energies
- 40-question / 75-minute online multiple-choice test (2365-203) – Open book (IET On-Site Guide)
- Know the tools used to install wiring systems
- Know how to prepare for installing wiring systems
- Be able to install wiring systems
- Be able to bond mains services to the main earthing terminal
- Be able to inspect a ‘dead’ electrical installation
- Be able to test a ‘dead’ electrical installation
To be able to install and test wiring systems (open book) – 8 hours installation / 2 hours inspection and testing
- Know the members of the construction team and their role within the building services industry
- Know how to apply information sources in the building services industry
- Know how to communicate with others in the building services industry
- 20-question / 40-minute online multiple-choice test – closed book (2365-210).
Please click the button below to proceed with our online Application Form. You will be given details on the Application Form about how to make the minimum deposit payment of £500.00, or the full amount of £2000.00, to secure a place on your chosen date.
Alternatively, give us a call on 020 8649 9340 to get booked in over the phone.
The City & Guilds Textbook: Book 1 Electrical Installations, Second Edition
IET On Site Guide BS 7671:2018+A2:2022
(Available for purchase at The BTC – Subject to availability)
Steel toe-capped safety footwear is a health and safety requirement for all our courses. We stock steel-toe capped boots from size 3 to 13 (with some half sizes), which can be purchased on the first morning of your course for just £20.00. You should wear suitable comfortable clothing.
You are welcome to bring your own food to eat in our centre. Alternatively, we sell a small selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in our canteen, or you could purchase food from one of the local supermarkets/shops/cafes/restaurants within just a few minutes walk.
Most students also find it beneficial to bring Post-it notes or sticky tags, which they can use to separate their books into sections. Additionally, a pen and a non-programmable calculator are permitted for the exam.
Students will need to have successfully completed our Domestic Installers Package before commencing this qualification. Click here for more information.
You will also need to be at least 18 years old and in good health to complete physical activity.
To access the home study material, a computer meeting the minimum access requirements and an internet connection will also be required.
If you meet the pass criteria of the examinations, you will be awarded the following qualification certificate:
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365-02
As we are located within Waddon Train Station Buildings, we do not have any parking on-site. That said, there are plenty of residential roads in the surrounding area that have free unrestricted parking, within just a few minutes’ walk. If attending on Sunday, you can park in the marked red boxes in Epsom Road where our Centre at Waddon Station is situated and in Stafford Road where our Electrical Centre is situated (a minute’s walk away) all day free of charge.
Please email email@example.com if you would like any further information or instructions.
Our training facility is located at the following address:
Waddon Station Buildings, 160 Epsom Road, Croydon, CR0 4UP