Electric Vehicle Charging Course
The Builder Training Centre (The BTC) offers a high-quality structured 2921-31 EV Charging Course. This can be attended as a 2-day course over consecutive weekdays.
Our instructors are qualified, highly experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Tradespersons, so students can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
The 2 day City & Guilds 2921-31 Award in the Design and Installation of Domestic and Small Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installations Training Course at The Builder Training Centre is a theory course ideally suited for practising electricians interested in understanding how to design and install the range of electric vehicle charging equipment and systems available.
The course aims to guide students wishing to gain further knowledge and understanding of electrical vehicle charging equipment design and installation. Students may already be carrying out the associated roles as practising operatives, with proven skills working as a competent electrician and/or electrical installer, which is reflected in the pre-requisite requirements for attending this qualification course (see below).
Tasks will include:
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- Different types and features of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Design an installation for electric vehicle charging equipment
- Requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and hand-over of electric vehicle charging equipment and circuits
- Understand the use of vehicles as electrical energy storage systems as part of prosumer’s installations
- Preparation for a online exam and written assignment
In order to claim the full 2921-31 qualification students must successfully complete the following 2 units:
2921-601 – 28 multiple choice questions, open book, computer-based exam (45 minutes)
2921-301 – Assignment – 20 short answer and scenario-based questions, open book (90 minutes)
Please click the button below to proceed with our online Application Form. You will be given details on the Application Form about how to make the minimum deposit payment of £200.00, or the full amount of £385.00, to secure a place on your chosen date.
Alternatively, give us a call on 020 8649 9340 to get booked in over the phone.
This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification. Learners must hold one of the following:
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) (2357)
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance) (2357)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification (5357)
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker (2356)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification (2346)
- Placeholder for City & Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical in Dwellings Experienced Worker Qualification (2347)
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable
- Equivalent historical qualifications (see EAS Table 4B/4C) EAS Qualifications guide August 2023 (theiet.org)
- ECS Gold Card (for domestic electrician), JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition BS 7671:2018+A2:2022
IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 5th Edition
(Available for purchase at The BTC – Subject to availability)
Steel toe-capped safety footwear is a health and safety requirement for all our courses. We stock steel-toe capped boots from size 3 to 13 (with some half sizes), which can be purchased on the first morning of your course for just £20.00. You should wear suitable comfortable clothing.
You are welcome to bring your own food to eat in our centre. Alternatively, we sell a small selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in our canteen, or you could purchase food from one of the local supermarkets/shops/cafes/restaurants within just a few minutes’ walk.
Most students also find it beneficial to bring Post-it notes or sticky tags, which they can use to separate their books into sections. Additionally, a pen and a non-programmable calculator are permitted for the exam.
If you meet the pass criteria of the online theory exam & written assignment, you will be awarded the following qualification certificate:
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Design and Installation of Domestic and Small Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installations (2921-31)
As we are located within Waddon Train Station Buildings, we do not have any parking on-site. That said, there are plenty of residential roads in the surrounding area that have free unrestricted parking, within just a few minutes’ walk. If attending on Sunday, you can park in the marked red boxes in Epsom Road where our Centre at Waddon Station is situated and in Stafford Road where our Electrical Centre is situated (a minute’s walk away) all day free of charge.
Please email email@example.com if you would like any further information or instructions.
Our training facility is located at the following address:
Waddon Station Buildings, 160 Epsom Road, Croydon, CR0 4UP